Website Office Depot
The Sr. Manager, Data Science Marketing Data Engineering will be responsible for interpreting and analyzing data using exploratory mathematic and statistical techniques based on the scientific method. Coordinates research and analytic activities utilizing various data points (unstructured and structured) and employ programming to clean, massage, and organize the data. Responsible for managing highly technical Data scientists, building relationship across Marketing and BU owners and providing Advanced Analytics and Predictive Modeling solutions.
- Manage a team of highly technical data scientists by delegating the tasks, coaching, mentoring, defining the standards for the AI/ML practice, analytical insights, including providing automated tools and best practices to the data scientists.
- Document steps and practices for future references, as well as for back-up purposes
- Define and develop detailed analytics requirements and specs for new AI/ML initiatives, product features and product launches. Ask the right questions to understand the problem and validate understanding with stakeholders
- Apply statistical/ econometrics/ machine learning/ data mining/ big data/ reinforcement learning approaches to analyze and provide insights and recommendations to the business partners and Leadership Team on how to improve financial and non-financial metrics.
- Track progress and impact of key data science projects tested and implemented
- Develop and build analytical models using Python, R, or AWS Sagemaker, collaborate with cross functional business owners to deliver the production grade analytical models.
- Help in estimating and evaluating performance improvements and socializes the value that the analytical models can provide to make critical business decisions
- Work collaboratively with cross functional teams and internal stakeholders to identify relevant data sources, bring data sets together, leverage data science approaches to drive efficiency and effectiveness across processes and technologies
- Stay current and maintain expert level knowledge on latest industry trends, developments in methodologies and technologies and bring it to the attention of peers and management team for evaluation and incorporation into our analytical tools and frameworks
- Present findings to key stakeholders through creation of PowerPoint and verbal presentations. Support the development of documentation including design, implementation, use cases, test cases and training documents
- Knowledge of relational databases and at least one query language
- Strong analytical skills
- Critical thinking to solve the business need
- Creative analytics visualization
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, including the ability to clearly and effectively communicate and present findings to stakeholders at all levels
- A passion for keeping up with industry and technology trends
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects, with daily tracking and follow-up to meet deadlines
- Results oriented, high-energy style and drive to success
- Experienced with Agile methodology. Experience with JIRA a plus
Company: Office Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Dallas, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A