Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Promote and deliver a shopping experience focused on providing customers with efficient service through hands-on knowledge of product and effective replenishment of all products. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
- Demonstrate teamwork to ensure customer satisfaction and a pleasant working and shopping environment.
- Assist general team members as needed.
- Greet customers in a genuine and friendly manner throughout the store and assist them by escorting them to products, loading/unloading heavy items and helping them to retrieve out of reach items.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines; comply with and reinforce all food safety and safety regulations/guidelines/procedures and programs; report all issues and illegal activity, including robbery, theft or fraud.
- Maintain working knowledge of all packaged, refrigerated, frozen and dry products equipment.
- Operate equipment (e.g., box cutter, knives, power jack, hand jack, flat bed, forklift, scrubber, compactor, mop, broom and intercom system) according to company guidelines.
- Effectively communicate with customers and respond to questions and requests in a timely manner.
- Maintain high cleanliness standards; clean as you go, inclusive of washing, cleaning, sweeping, mopping.
- Ensure consistent execution of all packaged, refrigerated, frozen and dry products standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Plan work duties appropriately during the scheduled shift to accomplish all assigned tasks.
- Provide friendly and efficient customer service by demonstrating sincerity, patience and respect in all customer interactions and by thanking customers for their business.
- Assist with receiving product, presentation, rotation and replenishment
- Ensure in-stock position of available product.
- Gain and demonstrate a high level of operational execution, product skills and process skills.
- Communicate code dating issues and shrink opportunities and monitor product quality to reduce shrink.
- Utilize accomplished selling skills in order to secure additional sales and use suggestive selling techniques to increase sales of products during sales events.
- Effective interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Basic math skills (counting, addition, and subtraction)
- Friendly, approachable and outgoing demeanor/team player
- High school diploma/GED or currently enrolled
- Ability to read/interpret documents
- Sound judgement/decision making skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; takes initiative
Qualification & Experience:
- Education Level: None
- Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Northbrook, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A