Website NASA - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
The Chief, Flight Director Office, is responsible for directing and integrating all planning and direction of spaceflight operations within the Flight Operations Directorate (FOD) and for providing the focal point within Johnson Space Center for spaceflight operations activities.
- The ability to bring about strategic change, both within and outside the organization, to meet organizational goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to establish an organizational vision and to implement it in a continuously changing environment.
- The ability to lead people toward meeting the organization’s vision, mission, and goals. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to provide an inclusive workplace that fosters the development of others, facilitates cooperation and teamwork, and supports constructive resolution of conflicts.
- The ability to meet organizational goals and customer expectations. Inherent to this ECQ is the ability to make decisions that produce high-quality results by applying technical knowledge, analyzing problems, and calculating risks.
- The ability to manage human, financial, and information resources strategically.
Qualification & Experience:
- Demonstrated experience in leading and directing complex ground and real-time spacecraft mission operations teams to manage risk to successfully achieve safe human spaceflight activities as they relate to development, schedule, risk management, risk posture, and technical decision making in both the development through mission preparation phase as well as in the real time environment.
- Experience that demonstrates expert knowledge of the functional operation of spacecraft systems, including their capabilities and limitations, and the applicable ground and crew procedures and rules.
Company: NASA – National Aeronautics and Space Administration
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A