Website Ministry of Justice UK
The Digital Sustainability Lead will deliver technology services and be a centre of excellence on digital sustainability for the core business as well as the Sustainability and Justice Digital teams. As part of this, you will lead, and be responsible for, the overall design and delivery of strategic operational plans for Digital Sustainability. You will also have a specific responsibility for drawing in best practice relating to Digital Sustainability and considering where and how this can be embedded into the organisation by working with the Climate Change and Sustainability Unit (CCSU) and the Digital and Technology teams.
- Developing sustainability metrics and KPIs, having responsibility for ensuring delivery against these and that mechanisms are in place to track and report on delivery
- Leading on the development of social and environmental sustainability criteria and providing specialist input to support the Justice system to make sustainable digital choices to support the Net Zero agenda
- Proactively engage with other teams and provide specialist advice to ensure that sustainability is factored into decisions about architecture, platforms, standards and technology
- Ensure that digital is factored in as an enabler across the Net Zero agenda by building strong working relationships with other teams across the organization
- Building strong working relationships with digital transformation teams, cross Government working groups and suppliers (where appropriate) to ensure alignment of MoJ sustainability goals
- Establish methods for the measurement and quantification of the environmental impact of digital technologies, including accounting for the embodied carbon, Water Usage Efficiency (WUE)and Power Usage Efficiency (PUE) of data centers
- Collating, interpreting and analyzing data from across the organization relevant to STAR and GGC reporting requirements
- Establish methods for the measurement and quantification of the carbon impact of digital technologies
- Developing a long-term Net Zero digital strategy by building the evidence base for sustainable service design and supporting alignment with cross-government initiatives
- Reporting on progress against carbon reduction targets to the Senior Sustainability Board, as required.
- Base lining and identifying priorities for carbon reduction, and ensuring progress is made on early carbon reduction areas, for example Cloud storage, digitizing of paper processes, sustainable procurement, and recycling of devices.
- A good understanding of Commercial, Procurement and Contract Management to ensure you know how to capture Sustainability requirements effectively ahead of any future bids and contract awards
- Strategic thinking and horizon scanning
- Membership or willingness to work towards membership of @IEMA or at least AIEMA and working towards CEnv 2
- Experienced in Digital or ICT Delivery, ideally with at least one of the following ITIL® v4 , TOGAF, PRINCE2 or APMP or similar
- A good understanding of Strategy, ICT Design, Policy, Supplier Management and Business Relationship Management to ensure you know how to set effective strategy and policy in the ICT and Digital arena and can go on to manage data and outputs of internal teams and suppliers
Company: Ministry of Justice UK
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: London, England, UK
Application Deadline: N/A