The Global Release Manager delivers on Global Engineering’s strategy to drive optimization, adoption, and CI/CD of global technology digital initiatives. The selected candidate will be technically savvy with proven change management perspective and project management skills along with excellent oral and written communication skills as they will interact with all levels of management across the organization. The candidate must also possess the ability to operate in a fast-paced release management organization and work independently. The Senior Release Manager will provide visibility into development progress for relevant initiatives and features to their Market Deployment Managers.
- Accountable for maximizing automation for all project functional testing deliverables
- Delivers Global Technology’s Digital initiatives through optimization and adoption of Global Engineering’s CI/CD strategy
- Manages the planning and execution of Localized Integration Testing (LIT) process
- Communication, training, and change management of Trunk Deployment Process
- Facilitates change management consultation to market leadership teams and global teams to optimize time-to-market
- Drives end-to-end value delivery from solutioning through execution of core development and Technology Pilot Ready (TPR)
- Responsible for planning, coordinating, and controlling the movement of code, market configurations and digital releases to MTE and STG environments
- Conducts technology pilot readiness and milestone reviews, manages risks, and resolves challenges that impact release scope, quality, and schedules
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of initiative capabilities and solutions
- Reviews and ensures completeness of release artifacts
- Ensures that practices, activities, and projects support the quality and strategy, contribute to the development of Test Case Automation and data integrity of our tools
- Partners with market leads, initiative teams and the product organization to align on current process and identify areas of opportunity
- Enhances operational tools to enable having real time insights and improve operational efficiency and quality
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Business
- Minimum 6+ years of overall experience in planning, executing, and deploying projects/releases by leveraging Waterfall, Agile, and Scrum methodologies to plan, manage and track projects/releases.
- Minimum of 3 years of hands-on experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies. Be able to plan release deployments in iterative cycles.
- Ability to clearly communicate, whether written, verbally or in a presentation, project objectives, including detail understanding of milestones, deliverables, and success criteria to the development and executive teams
- Work with technical leads and product organization to prioritize tasks throughout the project lifecycle and remove impediments.
- Demonstrated exceptional critical thinking, strategic planning, and process management skills and change management.
- Minimum of 3 years people manager with direct reports.
- Experience working with virtual teams located globally.
- Ability to resolve matters/issues early and fast in the process and escalate risks to leadership quickly.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A