The MCD Global Data & Analytics team has an exciting opportunity for Sr. Data Engineer – Measurement and Reporting. With supervision this position will be responsible for both defining and maturing metrics/reports/dashboards for Data Governance and Quality globally. Bridges the gap between the business customer and the technology solution providers by translating business needs to technical solutions throughout the lifecycle of the product. Coordinates and/or executes plans to ensure that technical solutions meet the needs of the business.
Partner with domains leads to clearly define success metrics and ensure that measurement is in place to measure that success. Responsibilities include working with domains leads to define Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and other metrics for Data Governance and Data Quality, producing metrics dashboards from that data using visualization tools including Tableau and Excel, generating reports, and identifying and interpreting data trends and providing actionable insights based on data.
- Leverage Objective & Key Results framework to identify product metrics and monitor product performance through dashboards and ad hoc analysis
- Elicits business requirements and specifications from domain leads and other business partners.
- Establishes KPIs and measures of success.
- Develops reports and dashboards to accurately monitor data quality and governance.
- Designs, develops and deploys dynamic & interactive dashboards, operational scorecards, ad hoc and canned reports based on requirements and using Business Intelligence tools and solutions.
- Extracts and writes queries to underlying databases
- Conveys complex data via visual techniques to succinctly communicate for decision-making and storytelling.
- Collects and organizes data and information from a variety of sources
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, design, and marketing teams to build world-class products and design hypothesis-drive experiments; make clear, coherent and holistic recommendations based on test results
- Present findings and recommendations to senior-level/non-technical stakeholders
- Self-motivated with ability to set priorities and mentor others in a performance driven environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills to influence cross-functional teams.
- Fluent in SQL, Excel, and visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlikview; experience with a statistical programming language (e.g., R, Python) and/or web analytics tools (e.g., Adobe Omniture, Google Analytics) required.
- Knowledge or experience with Agile, Lean, Six Sigma and/or demonstrated process improvement expertise a plus.
- Ability to interact with business users and understand their requirements
- Data driven mindset with experience in a quantitative discipline.
Qualification & Experience:
- 4-6 years of relevant work experience in analyzing large, multi-dimensional data sets and synthesizing data insights into actionable recommendations.
- BS in Computer Science or related field is REQUIRED.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: Chicago, IL, US
Application Deadline: N/A