Website Marathon Petroleum Corporation
At MPC, we’re committed to being a great place to work – one that welcomes new ideas, encourages diverse perspectives, develops our people, and fosters a collaborative team environment.
- Performs daily financial analysis on system generated daily MTM (Marked to Market) trading performance and issues reports on the portfolio position and results.
- Collaborates with other team members and stakeholders including, Accounting, Refining Operations, Schedulers and Traders designing and enhancing processes and procedures to enable accurate and timely exposure information.
- Validates inputs to MtM results for accuracy and consistency with policies and procedures.
- Tests and validates new data sources enabling faster and more accurate compilation of position data.
- Develops and maintains weekly and monthly analysis reports. These reports provide commercial leadership with the tools to enable better informed decisions and optimize commercial strategies.
- Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to build a rapport with others within the team and across disciplines
- Self-motivated and ability to deliver results with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated understanding of market exposure and mark-to-market reporting
- Innovative and comfortable with change and with challenging the status quo
- Strong Computer skills, particularly Excel
Qualification & Experience:
- 6+ years industry experience in analysis of financial results and reporting (energy, trading, or banking).
- 5+ years industry experience within a financial analysis (or risk team) of a trading group for physical crude oil, refined products or natural gas preferred.
Company: Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Accounting
Job Location: Houston, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A