Website Marathon Petroleum Corporation
The Tax Compliance group is responsible for income tax compliance related to Marathon Oil Corporation and its subsidiaries. The analyst is expected to handle multiple tasks and be able to meet a variety of tax return filing deadlines.
- Preparation of tax basis balance sheets. Interface with the Tax Accounting group to ensure accurate measurement of book and tax bases.
- Preparation of federal and state and local income/franchise tax returns in accordance with established due dates.
- Assist in the preparation of tax provisions and tax-related financial reporting data.
- Interface with Accounting Organization personnel to obtain needed financial data and information.
- Provide support and answer various audit information requests.
- Perform research and complete legislative analysis.
- Assist in the development of best practices for the income tax compliance process.
- Preparation and coordination of domestic tax DD&A calculations for the federal income tax return and year-end provision processes.
- Provide analysis and information required in business development or tax planning activities when such matters arise.
Company: Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Houston, US
Application Deadline: N/A