Website Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
All Lowe’s associates deliver quality customer service while maintaining a store that is clean, safe, and stocked with the products our customers need. As a Sales Floor Department Supervisor, this means:
- Monitoring use of store power equipment and coaching employees on safe behaviors and lifting techniques.
- Providing resources and tools to support those directly helping customers provide the best service.
- Assisting with down stocking and area recovery as well as providing input into merchandising decisions.
The Sales Floor Department Supervisor is primarily responsible for leading and enabling a team of associates to deliver the best possible customer experience in the store. This includes coaching and training associates, delegating, following-up on daily tasks, managing performance, and ensuring adequate department coverage. Sales Floor Department Supervisors are responsible for customer-facing activities (e.g., greeting customers, clarifying needs and identifying solutions, closing sales), non-customer-facing activities (e.g., down stocking, inventory management, area recovery) and store safety (e.g., conducting safety walks, reporting hazards, understanding safety and lifting directions).
The Sales Floor Department Supervisor works with Assistant Store Managers to identify approaches and behaviors that best meet sales and service objectives, then communicates those best practices to the team in a way that inspires engaging, customer-focused behavior and goal attainment. Further, the Sales Floor Department Supervisor must supervise associates in other departments, as needed, to meet the demands of the store. This requires broad product knowledge and the ability to engage associates and customers across departments. It is important that this associate communicate upward to keep management informed of concerns, issues, praises, and morale.
- 3 years of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (for Pro Department Supervisor).
- Experience in key carrying role with manager-on-duty responsibilities.
- Experience in a leadership role with direct report responsibility.
- Experience working in a fast paced, dynamic retail environment.
- 3 years of retail customer service experience.
- Experience working in the home improvement retail sector.
- Experience using store computer systems (including but not limited to: Project Tool, Genesis, Sterling, M2O, Thin Client, etc.).
Qualification & Experience:
- 1 year of experience supporting the unique needs of Pro customers (for Pro Department Supervisor).
- 1 year of experience in customer service.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Experience working cross-functionally.
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 3 years of experience in a retail environment OR 5 years of experience in a retail environment.
- Experience providing direction or supervision to teams (with or without direct report responsibility).
- Experience supporting or participating in the process of training, mentoring and developing associates.
Company: Lowe’s Companies, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Meridian, ID, US
Application Deadline: N/A