Operate packaging equipment to produce quality products in a safe and efficient manner.
- Document and track direct labor hours, production reporting, and efficiency.
- Follow all quality policies and Procedures.
- Operate packaging lines per prescribed methods, maintaining production flow and efficient operation. Operator must be able to manage multiple equipment modules simultaneously (i.e. fillers, cappers, cartoners, case packer).
- Respectfully, through words and actions, work cooperatively with team members.
- Handle line washout, sanitization, and associated paperwork to include disassembly and assembly of fillers and setting weights.
- Maintain high housekeeping standards.
- Follow all safety rules and regulations. ( RIS, RIO, OSHA and departmental)
- Fully Supports an interdependent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of zero accidents.
- Train new operators in the areas of Machine operation, Safety, Productivity, Quality, ISO procedures.
- Perform quality checks and associated paperwork with limited support from the QA, warehouse and processing departments
- Supports and embraces the Quality and Environmental missions of the Plant
- Stock lines as necessary
- Administer the pocket defect program
- Handle minor troubleshooting of equipment (i.e. clearing jams, weight adjustments, capper adjustments )
- Document Work Order information (batch numbers, etc.) requiring direct contact with processors.
- Assign staff to position on line, explain responsibility associated with each position. Monitor to ensure that all employees assigned to the line are operating safely.
- SSpeak and understand English language.
- Prolonged Standing (continual movement to all positions within Packaging line)
- Frequent bending and stooping
- Occasional Lifting
- Ability to work Overtime
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Graduate 18 years or older
- Previous Manufacturing experience helpful.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: Florence, KY, US
Application Deadline: N/A