To weigh and mix components (raw materials) according to manufacturing procedure efficiently and safely within the established quality and production standards.
- Obtain samples of solutions throughout the process to be analyzed for color, viscosity, pH balance, and gravity;
- Retrieve supplies from warehouse/storage area;
- Activate mixing tank agitators and set timers to mix ingredients for a specific period of time;
- Open valves and pump finished formulas into storage tanks/drums or one-handled buckets;
- Operate milling machine when directed by the manufacturing procedure;
- Maintain knowledge and practice of Quality and Safety Policies, Line Manual Book Procedures, Good Manufacturing Procedures, and Reject
- Percent (refer to specific department duties);
- Open valves to start pumps to transfer specified amounts and types of liquids from storage tanks into mixing tanks;
- Practice teamwork, relieve others for breaks/lunches, and assist others as time permits;
- Be able to track downtime, waiting time and breakdown time correctly and remain productive during these times.
- Maintain cordial, professional relationship with supervisor and co-workers;
- Observe gauge readings on mixing tanks and adjust temperature and flow meter controls when readings vary from established norms;
- Complete paperwork and minimal computer work;
- Weigh raw materials according to the formula, using the Flexnet system;
- Mix ingredients, according to formula;
- Ensure a high standard of quality and follow all quality and GMP procedures;
- Do the physical demands required for the job (lifting, moving, etc.) using safe ergonomic techniques;
- Work independently and as a team member, make decisions, and use adequate organizational and time management skills;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime;
- Must thrive within a changing organization.
- Perform mathematical calculations;
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers.
- Read, understand, follow, and document the specific instructions listed on the manufacturing procedure;
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community.
- Communicate well with other employees and supervisors;
- Must selflessly develop others.
- Have visual/auditory acuity required to read weights on product labels and hear warning alarms;
- Have working knowledge of the production process, items produced, and equipment utilized in maintaining production/processing within specific industrial norms and standards;
- Plan in advance for a “change over” and coordinate services with the next shift to efficiently minimize downtime;
- Demonstrate good attendance.
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive.
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork.
- Work well as a team member;
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: North Little Rock, AR, US
Application Deadline: N/A