This role oversees process ownership and execution of KFC’s Franchise & Business Development strategies for the Southeast territory.
Preference given to applicants that currently reside or who are willing to relocate to the Southeast territory, ideally within proximity to a major airport (Charlotte, Atlanta, FL)
- Moderate to heavy (30-50%) travel depending on pipeline priorities.
- Ensure all KFC Development activity in territory covered is compliant and consistent with all related processes and policies, including KFC Development Approval Committee requirements.
- Accurate tracking, reporting, forecasting and risk assessment of new outlet pipeline.
- Manage and support all phases of the franchise development process. This includes market planning, site selection & approval, real estate contracts, planning & design, permitting, project management, and opening new outlets.
- Act as a single point of contact for franchise development related activity in territory. Build relationships with Franchisees to positively influence business development strategies. Support ongoing development goals aligned with the 3-year market growth plan
- Support KFC Development Team as needed in planning, business review, and ad hoc projects.
- Support targeted Franchise Recruiting efforts to fill brand strategic needs by identifying candidates. Support assessment, qualification, multi-unit development contracts and on-boarding process for new franchisees entering the KFC system..
- Execute against KFC US market plan and asset strategy planning processes. Develop tactics that enable and accelerate the US Growth & Development Strategy. Perform benchmarking and competitive analysis within priority DMAs for territory covered.
- Support outlet closure mitigation efforts through negotiation and asset replacement initiatives to maintain brand market-share and penetration.
- Attain planned franchise development action approvals and timely new store openings for territory.
- Support KFC asset reviews for brand compliance, contract renewals, registration of assets to be remodeled, and franchisee to franchisee transfers in territory covered.
- Well-developed knowledge of QSR landscape and real estate norms and trends in the priority DMA’s.
- Familiarity with priority DMA’s (Nashville, Atlanta, Raleigh/Durham, Miami and Fort Lauderdale) and its associated nuances.
- Strong commercial acumen acquired through practical experience, coupled with a high level of humility, empathy and relatability.
- A wide network within the real estate community, including Real Estate Brokers, Town Planners, Developers and Chambers of Commerce will be beneficial.
- Demonstrated proficiency in broad development technical areas.
- This includes market planning analysis, site selection, real estate contract negotiating, presenting to an investment committee, architecture and design processes, project management and facilities management.
- Knowledge of Power BI, SmartSheet, Microstrategy, GIS analytics, and real estate related tools is a plus.
- Minimum of 4-5 years of relevant business development experience with demonstrated organizational impact and increasing responsibility in related areas. Experience in franchise, multi-unit restaurant/retail industry preferred.
- Demonstrated track record of excellent Project Management skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education/Certifications – BA/BS in real estate, finance, business preferred, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Masters in Real Estate or MBA preferred.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A