The Senior Engineer, DevOps plays an integral role in implementing and executing cloud practices for build management, product release and operation processes. The role is responsible for managing and automating the build and deployment process and regression testing, building tools and monitoring used in product implementations. The Senior Engineer, DevOps will help in defining, maintaining procedures and tools that are used to deliver releases in a repeatable and scalable manner. This role involves significant collaboration with stakeholders across IT and partners.
- Develop operations processes, implement new software deployment strategies, and conduct professional software testing when needed
- Automate, support, and ensure CI/CD in product development.
- Be part of the on-call team to help resolve issues with the customer facing and support applications
- Work with internal and external Engineering/Security/Operations teams to ensure that the defined standards are met and used throughout all departments
- Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies and all audit, security, and regulatory requirements
- Perform code reviews to ensure high quality and consistent coding practices, operations and infrastructure teams to ensure seamless deployments, proper documentation, and support for applications
- Collaborate with stakeholders to define specifications and requirements for all internal and external development and deployment
- Establish and run the processes for on-going maintenance while monitoring support and security patching of a platform
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery process
- Experience with Container orchestration like Kubernetes, Docker, Vulnerabilities and Patch management.
- Proficient in Cloud based software development/management tools (Chef/Puppet/Salt Stack, Jenkins, Ruby, Jenkins Pipelines, GitHub, Vagrant, Ubuntu/Centos/RHEL, VMWare, Docker, Artifactory or similar)
- Ability to grasp technical concepts quickly and apply that knowledge to DevOps efforts within the team
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as PowerShell, Bash, and Python.
- Experience architecting and supporting highly available and highly scalable infrastructure
- Experience with Cloud Platforms: Microsoft Azure and Google Cloud Platform or Amazon AWS.
- Four (4) years of previous experience working with infrastructure and/or development teams to build enterprise-scale application integration solutions.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Education
Job Location: Long Island City, NY, USA
Application Deadline: N/A