The General Manager Agile Delivery provides Agile Delivery Services for Technology, Product executives who share accountability for a set of products and platforms delivered by Agile Delivery Teams. The General Manager leads a small but focused team of scrum masters and Technical Program Managers who guide the development scrum teams. The General Manager ensures that programs, projects and products align to the IT Strategy. The General Manager works with established priorities and focus to meet business demands, excels when working on complex programs, is motivated to deliver results, and exhibits the JetBlue values of Safety, Caring, Integrity, Fun, and Passion. Incumbent would be an inspirational leader who attracts and retains talent, creates high levels of energy and motivation throughout challenges and obstacles (brings in new talent and proactively manages low performing talent)
- Ensure team readiness for response to irregular operations and emergency events
- Leads effective program level planning routines, such as initiative refinement and PI planning.
- Partners with Product and Engineering to proactively identify opportunities to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of program delivery processes and then create those improvements.
- Consistently elevates new and up-and-coming talent to perform in stretch roles, creating the next generation of leadership.
- Builds a vision for Agile Delivery in their portfolio, instills it within their leadership team and ensures it is broadly communicated to their direct team and partners.
- Take a significant role in the development of Crewmembers to support the engagement, growth, goal achievement, and development of the succession plan and for department
- Helps establish governance structures where decision-making is weighted toward empowered teams.
- Play the pivotal role of bringing transparency and resource availability across different IT teams
- Coach scrum masters in the team with best SAFe practices
- Applies complex facilitation and dependency management techniques to drive cross-program and departmental planning, collaboration, and coordination. Facilitates trade-off discussions and difficult conversations.
- Oversee resource planning across multiple teams.
- Actively manage costs on projects, include forecasting of potential costs.
- Builds/maintains strong relationships with product and other stakeholders and influences adoption of Agile delivery practices and routines (has ability to have difficult and productive conversations and pushing back when needed). Measurably improves Agile delivery.
- All other duties as assigned
- Collaborate with other business areas in improving communication and teamwork to drive efficiencies
- PMP, Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, or SAFe certification
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Seven (7) years of Project Management, Process Management, or Software delivery experience
- Able to pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Five (5) years of Agile experience
- Currently in possession of a valid Passport with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Three (3) years leading large Global or Enterprise Wide Agile Delivery
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline
- Five (5) years of people management experience
- Available for occasional overnight travel (10%)
Qualification & Experience:
- MBA with experience in information technology project management
- Knowledge of client server and web based application designs
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Education
Job Location: Long Island City, NY, USA
Application Deadline: N/A