The Specialist Expeditor is responsible for ensuring aircraft parts are repaired by JetBlue repair shop business partners on time and at low cost. The Specialist Expeditor holds business partners accountable to meet the terms of repair contractual agreements, including provisions for loaners and exchanges. The Specialist Expeditor contributes to achieving low cost per available seat mile (CASM) by controlling cost of repairs and by optimizing repair shop workflows to enable a lean inventory of spare parts.
- Provides summarized repair information to support sourcing of new contracts.
- Collects and submits damage information about parts to repair shop before shipping the part for repair.
- Reviews and approves parts exchange offers from repair shops in lieu of repairing parts.
- Runs weekly reports on open orders in compliance with internal audit policies.
- Identifies recurring repair shop performance problems, alerts management, and implements improvement action plans.
- Supports technical requests from Engineering and communicates repair instructions and modification requirements to repair shops.
- Helps minimize costs due to scrapped parts that cannot be repaired.
- Communicates with business partners on the status of components sent for repair. For urgent orders, coordinates special shipping and tracks delivery until closure of repair order.
- Ensures aircraft parts are repaired by JetBlue business partners within agreed turnaround time.
- Monitors stock levels and ensures needed items are prioritized for repair.
- Reviews and approves repair cost quotes. Monitors repair cost trends and involves Engineering and management in quote approval decisions.
- Other duties as assigned
- In possession of valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows based programs including Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Available for occasional overnight (up to 20%)
- Legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge
- Pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- Two (2) years aviation experience
- Excellent negotiation, communication, and project management skills
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Engineering
Job Location: Jamaica, NY, USA
Application Deadline: N/A