The Coordinator, Onboard Experience Compliance is responsible for ensuring quality control in JetBlue’s onboard fresh food programs including Mint and EatUp Café. The Coordinator will review menu specifications and observe monthly menu presentations to produce a thorough understanding of all fresh food items served onboard. The role involves frequent travel, working with Catering Business Partners to ensure that JetBlue menu items are produced in accordance to JetBlue’s high standards and specifications.
- Conduct monthly menu changeover presentations and bi-weekly Chef’s Tables to verify food quality in accordance with JetBlue and Restaurant Partner specifications
- Maintain relationships with key stakeholders in catering locations to provide training, coaching and on-site corrective action to uphold JetBlue’s high food quality standards
- Monitor and provide corrective action in response to daily Inflight Crew Comments and feedback from Customers in regard to food quality
- Maintain thorough understanding of all JetBlue fresh food products and catering procedures
- Prepare and compile frequent station specific food quality reports to review with Corporate Representatives, Catering Business Partners, Chefs, Cooks and Assemblers
- Travel to JetBlue’s catering Blue Cities to visit Business Partners and conduct item spot checks and quality audits.
- Create Mint crew guides on a monthly basis; working with Catering Operations and Service Delivery to include appropriate updates.
- Review and understand recipes, methods, ingredients, yields and pricing
- Inspect catering facilities and food safety documentation to verify adherence to HACCP plan and initiate foodborne illness and food safety investigations in cooperation with the Catering Operations team.
- Reviews reports regarding regular quality and food safety audits, develops corrective actions to resolve deficiencies and ensures appropriate actions are taken in a timely manner.
- Provide support and culinary expertise to the Catering Operations team and Catering Business Partners for day to day operations and development of internal guide documents
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to develop and create ad hoc reports as required.
- Strong organizational skills
- In possession of valid travel documents and the ability to travel in and out of the United States
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Available for frequent overnight travel (80%)
- Strong team building and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently, under minimal supervision, in a team environment.
- Ability to stand, bend and moves intermittently during visits to catering locations
- Represent a commitment to service excellence.
- Must pass a ten (10) year background check and pre-employment drug test
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to changing information quickly.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Outlook.
- Ability to keep tight deadlines.
- Must be legally eligible to work in the country in which the position is located
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously.
Qualification & Experience:
- High School Diploma or General Education Diploma (GED)
- One (1) year culinary experience
- Must be able to taste a wide variety of foods including meat, chicken, vegetables, grains, etc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Airlines
Job Location: Long Island City, NY, USA
Application Deadline: N/A