The Project Manager, IT Digital and Customer Products plans, coordinates and manages a portfolio of projects between IT and assigned business units for Digital Commerce. With the guidance of the IT Manager and Product Manager the Project Manager actively leads all aspects of the projects from start to finish, including project team definition, project planning, documentation, vendor selection contract management, product purchasing, tracking, reporting, rollout, interfacing with training and support groups, and formalized project closure.
- Project initiation: Define project high level scope, establish stakeholders, and secure funding and/or internal resources.
- Project planning: Create requirements specification and project plan. Define project team. Establish resource allocation decisions with managers of each IT discipline. Coordinate vendor selection and vendor contract management. Facilitate product purchasing. Establish success criteria.
- Project execution: Collect technical documentation, deployment plan, support plan. Interface between IT and business units and/or vendors.
- Project control: Manage changes, risks, scope, cost, quality, communications, time, and procurement.
- Project closure: Collect formal acceptance, evaluate established success criteria to determine success. Close cost accounts and contracts.
- Ensure that JetBlue IT and business standards and procedures are maintained in accordance with Company policies, audits, security, and regulatory requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- Knowledge of industry standards in project management and development methodologies (PMBOK, MSF, SEI, Agile Methods, RUP, etc.)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, Project, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Word and Visio
- Knowledge of technology fundamentals and concepts (Microsoft technologies preferred)
- Knowledge of IT disciplines and interdependencies
- Knowledge of budget processes and ability to manage and track large project budgets
- Knowledge & experience of project cost tracking
- Ability to rapidly resolve issues and recognize when escalation is necessary
- Strong vendor management, negotiation and resolution skills
- Excellent problem solving and structured thinking skills
- Flexibility, agility and change management skills
- Ability to tailor communication style to different audiences, and to exercise good judgment in frequency and nature of communications to different parties (senior management, stakeholders, team members, etc.).
- Available for occasional overnight travel (15%)
- In possession of valid travel documents with the ability to travel in and out of the United States
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree with four (4) years’ experience managing projects OR Master’s Degree with three (3) years’ experience managing projects
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Aviation
Job Location: Long Island City, NY, USA
Application Deadline: N/A