The Material Specialist maintains the warehouse and stores stock with the Aircraft Maintenance Department in all Materiel Operations to ensure adequate supply of materials.
- Monitor and update stock items, minimum and maximum stock levels, and coordinates stock level adjustments with Aircraft Maintenance,
- Purchasing, and/or other departments within the Company.
- Perform inventory audits, inspections, and reconciliations of materials based on direction from leadership.
- Load aircraft tires, brakes, and related aircraft parts and materials.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or General Education Development (GED) Diploma
- Depending on location you may be required to pass an International Air Transport Association (IATA) or Department of Transportation (DOT) approved Hazardous Materiel Training Course and maintain recurrent training of the course
- Depending on location, may need to acquire and maintain a United States Customs Clearance
- Ability to work flexible shifts, travel and/or work variable hours including holiday and weekends.
- Successfully pass Hazmat Awareness course
- Strong interpersonal and listening skills
- Pass and maintain rating and be able to drive forklifts (4 (four) K to 18 (eighteen) K) tugs, trucks, and other vehicles
- Complete fluency in written and spoken English
- Possess and maintain a valid Driver License and a driving record that meets JetBlue Airways’ insurance standards
- Ability to use handheld two way radios, headsets and/or phone
- Must be able to acquire and maintain a valid Security Identification Display Area (SIDA) Badge for all Blue Materiel cities.
- Successfully pass the Materials and General Maintenance Manual (GMM) training courses
- Available for overnight travel (50%)
Qualification & Experience:
- Associate’s Degree in aviation, finance, business or related discipline
- One (1) year warehouse experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Jamaica, New York, US
Application Deadline: N/A