Website The Home Depot
Lead the purchasing function for an assigned product group. Serve as chief negotiator with vendors.
- 5% Work with purchasing operations to ensure orderly transition from initial deal to ongoing purchasing of products and services. Ensure accuracy and delivery of orders so that clients for the product group are able to complete projects and meet the Company’s needs.
- 10% Identify and qualify vendors to provide product and services to Home Depot. Conduct research to assess vendor capabilities and product information as they relate to company needs.
- 25% Develop and execute strategic sourcing plans to assigned categories. Work cross functionally to improve and streamline processes.
- 20% Work with stores and functional areas to best determine products and services to be sourced. Manage the vendor and resolve issues regarding product quality, delivery, etc.
- Initiate quality vendor relationships to support new and ongoing product and services sourcing needs.
- 5% Evaluate vendor relationships and terminate if necessary.
- 10% Source qualified vendors to Sourcing who can meet purchase needs in terms of product quality, quantity, and delivery date.
- 25% Negotiate for products and services within the assigned product category ensuring the lowest possible price.
- The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma and/or GED.
- 5 years Experience
- Six Sigma greenbelt/black belt certification
- Project Management experience
- Customer service oriented
- Bachelors degree
- Exposure to strategic sourcing process
- SAP experience
Company: The Home Depot
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Human Resources
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A