H-E-B is one of the largest, independently owned food retailers in the nation operating over 420+ stores throughout Texas and Mexico, with annual sales generating over $34 billion. Described by industry experts as a daring innovator and smart competitor, H-E-B has led the way with creative new concepts, outstanding service and a commitment to diversity in our workforce, workplace and marketplace. H-E-B offers a wealth of career opportunities to our 145,000+ Partners (employees), competitive compensation and benefits program and comprehensive training that lead to successful careers.
- Work with other platforms (iOS, Android, backend engineering) to build out scalable systems that support the HEB infrastructure. Identify and communicate cross-team dependencies.
- Mentor junior developers and teach best practices on architecture and technology decisions
- Learn new technologies, frameworks, and systems and share your knowledge with the web team
- Grow and be mentored in engineering techniques, processes, and new technologies
- Contribute to overall system design, architecture, security, scalability, reliability, and performance of applications.
- Identify, scope, and architect solutions for new features while applying sound technical judgment that considers technology alternatives, impact on affected / adjacent systems and tradeoffs.
- Provide peer review and quality assurance support to other engineers and receive the same feedback on all code output
- Communicate individual and project-level development statuses, issues, risks, and concerns to technical leadership and management
- You have 4+ years of development experience or comparable schooling (CS degree, bootcamp diploma)
- You have an ownership mentality and a consistent track record of successful, high-quality results.
- You enjoy learning new technologies as they emerge.
- You are learning development methodologies and processes
- You have a solid knowledge of CS fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, and design patterns
- You have experience with common software engineering tools such as Git, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- You have a team mentality and are unafraid to fail
- You have a bachelor’s degree in computer science or comparable field, or equivalent self-study.
- You are working to develop your engineering talents
- You value team dynamics and work to grow junior engineers
Vacancy Type: Part Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Austin, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A