The Category Analyst interprets data, provides recommendations based on analysis, and executes plans supporting the strategy and goals of the department.
- Work cross functionally with internal departments: Merchandising, Merchandise Planning, Marketing, Pricing Strategy, Supply Chain, Finance and Operations
- Create meaningful and engaging omnichannel promotions to author Giant’s featured assortment
- Forecast promotional activities and plans in alignment with departmental budget
- Maintain relationships with Giant’s Vendor Community to develop sales plans
- Provide data driven recommendations to identify key points and opportunities that lead to meaningful and relevant conclusions
- Contribute to Giant’s high-performance team and partnerships both internally and externally
- Curate distinctive, customer centric assortment
- Capture and communicate insights to the appropriate stakeholders
- Accurate and rapid keyboarding skills.
- Have a general knowledge of commonly used generic drugs.
- Must be able to read/interpret prescription terminology and medications.
- Must be willing to comply with all Giant Food policies, and meet/exceed standards.
- Excellent customer service skills, primarily over the phone.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Food & Beverages
Job Location: Fairfax, VA US
Application Deadline: N/A