The Cybersecurity Strategy and Architecture team is seeking a highly motivated IT professional to fill the role of a Senior Security Engineer. The candidate will collaborate with other engineers and analysts within IT and DSI to protect GEICO’s information assets. They will focus on making recommendations for new and existing solutions by evaluating input from Risk Management and Cybersecurity operations teams and collaborating with implementation teams to appropriately prioritize enhancements. Candidate must have the ability to plan, analyze, prioritize, manage risks, execute, and provide status to management. Candidate must be able to look beyond the immediate assignments and actively participate in managing a strategic roadmap for the Cybersecurity organization. The role demands excellent project management, interpersonal skills, and communication skills (both written and verbal). The candidate must be willing and able to lead and influence peers and effectively present to management on various security topics. They will be part of a team that will ultimately drive the information security strategy. A strong technical background will enable comprehensive strategic conversations with technical audiences, while building confidence with business stakeholders and leadership when defining the strategic vision.
- Define and drive cybersecurity vision and roadmap
- Provide information security architecture guidance for enterprise level initiatives
- Define and maintain security capability catalog to support the information security strategy agenda.
- Work closely with security management and implementation teams to ensure strategy and vision is balanced with operational readiness.
- Ensure that future security investments are aligned appropriately with business requirements, industry threat landscape, and risk appetite
- Provide security guidance to ensure that solutions deployed are aligned with our security strategy.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong documentation and project management skills.
- Ability to evaluate and articulate risk/cost benefit analysis for simple or complex changes.
- Understanding of network concepts, the OSI model, and how to interpret the flow of information between information systems at the network level
- Ability to identify creative ways to solve problems and to independently and consistently handle production or business problems to successful resolution
- Understanding of network defense, security monitoring and response services, including attack detection, vulnerability management, incident management and threat intelligence.
- Knowledge of Security Frameworks; ATT&CK, NIST, ISO 27001
- Knowledge of Agile and other project management methodologies.
- Understanding of cloud service and deployment models.
- Security+ (must obtain within 6 months if not possessed)
- Must be able to, with or without accommodation, perform the essential functions which include, but are not limited to seeing, hearing, typing and speaking.
- Must be able to use a PC.
- Must be able to follow complex instructions, resolve conflicts or facilitate conflict resolution, and have strong organization/priority setting skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must be able to learn and apply large amounts of technical and procedural information, and to follow published standards and processes.
- Must be knowledgeable of infrastructure tools and management techniques and able to follow standards and processes that have been published.
- Must be able to provide systems training to team members as needed.
- Must be able to communicate in a clear, concise, professional oral or written manner, to be understood by customers, clients, co-workers and other employees of the organization.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and stressful situations.
- May be required to be on call for production support 24×7.
- Must be able to concentrate and demonstrate a capacity to learn new technical concepts and to adapt to new technologies quickly.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in designing, building, implementing, or continuously improving complex systems that require collaboration with multiple teams.
- 2+ years of experience in public cloud infrastructure with preference to Microsoft Azure Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to explain complex concepts in plain language.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A