Do you want to be part of the transformation that’s accelerating a truly data-driven company? Are you ready to collaborate and innovate with a team responsible for changing the customer experience using the latest technologies? As a Senior Big Data Developer on the GEICO IT squad, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, innovative culture that turns data into information and uses that information to drive action. One focus is our Single View of the Customer (SVOC) initiative. As part of this team you will be designing, creating, and populating customer centric data stores necessary for deriving valuable insights in real time to provide tailored customer experiences. As a senior developer you will have the opportunity to mentor more junior associates and help grow our team.
- Premier Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with no waiting period**
- Paid Vacation, Sick and Parental Leave
- 401(k) Plan with Profit Sharing
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Training and Licensures
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
- Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
- Strong critical thinking, decision making, troubleshooting, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills, including communicating technical issues to non-technical audiences
Qualification & Experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent professional experience is required
- At least 3 years of programing experience in Java and Spring technologies
- At least 2 years of programming experience working with Spark on big data; including experience with data profiling and building transformations
- Experience with NoSQL databases such as HBase, Cassandra, or MongoDB
- Experience with streaming data and Kafka (or equivalent streaming tooling)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A