GEICO is growing, and we have an exciting opportunity for an Operating Engineer to join our Facilities team in Lakeland, FL. As an Operating Engineer, you will be responsible for maintaining the engineering and day-to-day facilities operations of our Lakeland, FL campus. The ideal candidate will have experience with repairing and maintaining a variety of electrical systems, including parking lot lighting, indoor lighting, turnstile doors, and generators. The ideal candidate will also be dependable, willing to help with various department/team projects and initiatives, and have a passion for providing excellent service to other associates and ensuring their safety while at work.
- Responsibilities for repair and maintenance of a variety of electrical systems including—but not limited to—the following: troubleshooting power issues, parking lot lighting, indoor lighting, turnstile doors, weekly testing of generator, café appliances, etc.
- Keeping accurate records
- Use of computer and electronic testing equipment to fulfill job functions
- Protect against occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in the installation, repair, and maintenance of electrical systems
- Be willing to perform general maintenance tasks and assist with facility projects as needed
- Follow local, state, and federal regulations/codes applicable to position
- Be flexible with work hours when needed
- Weekend on call required every ninth weekend
- Valid driver’s license (must meet company underwriting guidelines for at least the past 3 consecutive years) and the ability to maintain applicable state and federal certifications and permits
- Completion of a technical school or journeyman program preferred
- Occasional on-call weekend work may be required
- Exhibit a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate to associates, staff, and administration
- Benefits may be different by location. Benefit eligibility requirements vary and may include length of service.
- Coverage begins with the pay period after hire date. Must enroll in New Hire Benefits within 30 days of the date of hire for coverage to take effect.
Qualification & Experience:
- Minimum of high school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years commercial electrical experience
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Washington, DC, US
Application Deadline: N/A