Do you love solving problems through innovative technology? GEICO Data Hub is seeking a highly motivated Business Intelligence Developer (REMOTE) who takes ownership of their work, has a strong understanding of our business, a deep understanding of database technologies, and a track record for implementing new technology. The successful candidate will enjoy diving into data, is excited about solving difficult problems, and can interface between technical teams and business stakeholders.
- Working closely with stakeholders across the organization, you will design and develop robust data structures, reports, and visualizations that support critical analysis, insights, and business decisions.
- You will help create a modern data platform that will enable GEICO to develop, deploy, and monitor changes to products and processes faster than ever before.
- You will work with our most advanced data environment to date in order to solve complex issues. The solutions you develop will have a significant impact on business processes.
- You will work on all stages of the development lifecycle with responsibilities including understanding and communicating the business problem, designing new data models and architecture, defining business rules, developing code, creating automated test cases, establishing reporting metrics, and ensuring our data is properly documented within our enterprise data governance platform.
- Love of Learning/Self-motivated to stay on top of new and emerging tech
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Experience writing and debugging with SQL
- Excellent Problem-solving skills
Qualification & Experience:
- 1-2+ Years experience with Snowflake, dbt and/or Data Vault
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI reporting and dashboarding
- 3+ Years of experience writing and debugging with SQL
- 1-2+ Experience joining multiple EDW data models/schemas on Netezza/EDW-C
- 1-2+ Experience with cloud-based databases and experience profiling and optimizing database queries
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Baltimore, MD, US
Application Deadline: N/A