Website Five Below
The Product Manager of Merchandise and Financial applications will define and lead the implementation of application capabilities enabling our Planning, Allocation, Inventory Control and Finance (Sales Audit) business functions. This role will work with leaders in these business functions to create a roadmap of application capabilities to be released in concert with business process changes being made in the functions. The individual will have a strong perspective on best practices in these areas to guide and influence process changes.
- Responsible for defining Epics, stories and prioritizing the Team Backlog.
- Collaborate closely with planning, allocation, inventory control and finance (Sales audit) business functions to create a roadmap for our next generation of Merchandise and Financial applications.
- Build relationships with key business partners and other stakeholders to ensure an understanding of their business processes/needs and integrate those into the backlog, liaising between those stakeholders and the technical teams.
- Supports organizational change and training through development of change management plans, communication plans and training materials
- Describe proposed scope changes to engineers and negotiate tradeoffs between scope, schedule and quality on behalf of stakeholders.
- Partners with the stakeholders to help drive user adoption of new capabilities, including development of change management plans, communication plans, training, and user adoption surveys.
- Engage with the software vendors and understand the new application functionality that’s being evaluated for implementation.
- Proactively and effectively communicate changes to systems (Projects / Minor enhancements related changes.)
- Develops a strong understanding of the business operations in a domain
- Document business requirements in the form of Agile stories; groom stories in the backlog to ensure that engineers on the scrum team understand the acceptance criteria for the stories.
- Sets and communicates iteration goals and iteration content via prioritized stories
- Lead team demonstrations of software products and provide context to explain how the software product applies to business processes
- Provide input to release planning, design storming, QA validations and signoff at iteration level across multiple scrum teams.
- Experience using roadmap and agile project management tools (Jira, Aha, Rally, etc) preferred
- Strong understanding of merchandise planning and allocation, inventory control and retail sales audit business processes such as general ledger and stock ledger management, tracking of inventory movement (shipments, receipts, transfers, stock counts), calculation of inventory costs, setup of master data for merchandise and location hierarchies.
- Experience using a major Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) tool such as Oracle (RMS, RESA), SAP, Aptos Planning, Epicor Eagle, or Infor in a retail environment is required.
- 8+ years IT experience
- Demonstrated understanding of modern software development and infrastructure tools, processes and practices, including Agile Development, Cloud, DevOps
- Strong experience defining product requirements including functional requirements and supporting non-functional requirements
- Background in product roadmap management, both development and execution of a long-term vision
- 5+ years’ experience in product management or product ownership on an Agile team, preferably for a large retail company.
Company: Five Below
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Macon, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A