Managers lead shifts every week, making sure customers get a fast, accurate, friendly experience every visit. A Shift Manager provides leadership to crew and other managers during a shift to ensure great Quality, Service, and Cleanliness to customers. Shift Managers perform a variety of tasks, which may include planning for each shift, monitoring performance during the shift, taking action to ensure the team is meeting McDonald’s standards, monitoring safety, security, and profitability, and communicating with the next Shift Manager to help prepare him/her to run a great shift, too. Shift Managers may also be responsible for meeting targets during their shifts and for helping their assigned Departments meet their goals.
- The Job for Me – Get a job that inspires your best and moves you forward. Choose your hours. Pursue your education. Build your skills and be yourself.
- The Company for Me – From here, you can go further than you thought possible. Reach your goals and build your future with college tuition assistance, valuable job training, and retirement benefits.
- The Team for Me – Our people want to say YES — to working with energy and purpose, finding new talent, providing coaching and direction, honing their leadership skills, and helping to run a business that serves up delicious food and feel-good moments. Does this sound like you? You’ll fit right in.
- In coordination with a cross-functional team (government relations, public affairs, communications) lead the development of proactive strategic communications plans for markets in geographic scope of responsibility. These annual communications plans will include a mix of national to local business priority activations and grassroots brand reputation initiatives.
- Use KPIs to track success of plan and local initiatives and make real-time adjustments to the communications plan as needed
- Work with key internal regional and corporate stakeholders to identify and utilize data driven business and consumer insights to inform local plan development and execution
Qualification & Experience:
- Previous leadership experience is preferred, ideally within a restaurant, retail, or hospitality environment. We’re looking for positive team players with a flexible schedule who like to have fun, with the passion to work in the famously fast paced McDonald’s environment. You must be 18 years or older to be a manager in our restaurants.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Marketing
Job Location: Stamford, CT, US
Application Deadline: N/A