Expedia Group is looking for a highly motivated Senior Security Engineer with a passion for solving complicated business and security problems to join the Enterprise Risk & Security Team. You will collaborate across the company to define and innovate security standards and methodologies and adeptly communicate at the highest levels, presenting arguments based on data and standards while minimizing friction and maximizing productivity and impact. This role requires both deep and broad technical knowledge across a range of security disciplines and is responsible for utilizing the security engineering process and tools infrastructure to ensure we are operating to the highest security standards.
- You demonstrate a record of practical experience in understanding security principles, controls, and frameworks, as well as planning, implementation, maintenance, monitoring, and operationalization of security technologies.
- You demonstrate an ability to communicate security risks and plans to security and non-security personnel including senior leadership, product and engineering teams.
- You have 10+ years’ experience in information security and a B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
- You have experience ensuring security and privacy on the internet with knowledge of system security vulnerabilities and remediation techniques along with network and web related protocols
- You have extensive experience with security specialties including: Application Security, Security Engineering, Network Security, Identity and Access Management, Security Assessment and Testing, Security Operations, and Security Risk and Compliance.
- You possess technical knowledge in security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security.
- You will apply your experience with international standards of audit and data protection and continue to grow and develop a deep industry expertise in the assigned areas.
- You will be responsible for developing and operationalizing all aspects of our security infrastructure, including cloud environments.
- You will establish security engineering / operations frameworks for various security technologies.
- You will form relationships with customers, key partners and business leaders and act as the highest level of leadership for security needs and concerns.
- You will provide security guidance to teams on a constant stream of new internal and 3rd party products and technologies and will interact directly with the security community regarding vulnerabilities and threats
- You will use a creative, problem-solving approach to projects in complex, sophisticated environments.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Bellevue, WA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A