Assist Sous Chef to ensure all airline, VIP customer and non-airline production compliance’s with set standards in quality, hygiene, productivity and guest satisfaction. Train and guide junior staff and set production standards according to airline loads and orders.
- Ensure production levels are in line with passenger numbers to limit elimination and meal wastage
- Ensure that the resources of the section are used in a way that supports the development of the EAS Catering Food Services department as well as other revenue streams.
- Follow and report where necessary discrepancies in recipes to ensure maintaining accurate recipe data to allow accurate cost data to be provided to Etihad Airways and other customers.
- Ensure food produced is of sufficient quality to deliver customer satisfaction as judged by meal tasting panel’s statistical analysis of customer feedback.
- Work closely with the HSEQ officers to ensure that the levels of food hygiene within the operation at least meet or exceed regulatory and customer requirements, Work alongside the Sous Chef to plan processes for new menus and start up airline.
- Assist in managing sectional productivity to meet the set productivity target on man minutes per meal produced.
- Liaise with relevant sections within the department to ensure effective communication and support EAS Caterings role within the Etihad menu development process in terms of the adherence of product development timelines, hosting of workshops for on board chefs and other culinary teams.
Qualification & Experience:
- Education: Secondary education and formal catering certificate from recognized international institutes.
- Experience: Minimum 6 years of international experience in hotel & catering, preferably in in-flight catering and/or food processing/manufacturing
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A