Website Taco Bell
The purpose of this position is to innovate new equipment tailored to our business strategy to fuel the future growth of the Taco Bell restaurants worldwide. Requires out-of-the-box thinking. Must be comfortable with trying new things and leading rapid prototyping, testing, and redesign. Yet have a pragmatic and results-oriented focus on business goals.
The Equipment Engineer will report to the Manager, Taco Bell Engineering. This individual will be responsible for leading projects to deliver next generation cooking, refrigeration, and beverage equipment. This is a demanding role where the successful individual will play a very important part. Success in this role depends not only on your own innovation and drive, but also on your ability to collaborate both internally with other functional experts, plus externally with designers and manufacturers.
- Work closely with cross-functional team members to meet timelines and achieve results.
- Complete functional requirements, specifications, installation, training and organized project documentation.
- Utilize Project Management processes to scope, cost, and schedule all equipment projects.
- Execute Taco Bell’s Equipment Approval Process (EAP) – review proposed equipment specifications, supplier requirements, test results, and field testing.
- Supply Chain: project timelines, supplier reviews, design changes, value engineering.
- Beverage systems: Water Filtration, Drink Dispensers & Ice Makers.
- Holding systems: Refrigerated and Heated holding.
- Maintain Taco Bell Equipment websites, ensuring current equipment resources, for all U.S. and international standards.
- Product Development: to enable current and future product strategies.
- Define functional requirements, review design details, and lead testing for:
- Optimize and continuously improve equipment designs to drive cost savings, productivity, speed, ergonomics, reliability, and SKU reduction for the company.
- Smallwares: designs to simplify Operations and support new menu needs.
- Cooking platforms: Frying, Grilling, Toasting & Rethermalization.
- Operations: easy of operation, reliability, productivity, capacity, and field testing.
- Architecture: facility requirements & constraints, plan updates, design needs.
- Develop restaurant equipment from concept and prototyping, through nationwide implementation. per the Engineering Equipment Approval Process,
- Quality Assurance: food safety and regulatory requirements, and cleanable designs.
- Work with cross-functional partners to ensure all business requirements are met and project goals are achieved, including but not limited to:
- Manage Taco Bell relationship with vendors/suppliers and manage deliverables.
- Competent in MS Office Suite: Excel, Word & PowerPoint.
- Experience with equipment automation, connectivity, and communication protocols.
- Strong interpersonal skills to participate in cross-functional teams and influence change in the organization and with suppliers.
- Self-motivated team player that displays high degree of energy and has a drive for action and getting things done.
- Working knowledge of refrigeration and thermodynamic fundamentals.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5-7 Years Engineering experience, preferably in food production or food service.
- Demonstrated project management success, delivering project objectives on time and on budget.
- Excellent organizational, communication and follow-up skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical, Agricultural or Chemical).
Company: Taco Bell
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Irvine, CA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A