To deliver dedicated financial services to a department both directly and indirectly by performing an advisory function covering various financial initiatives at a tactical level supported by appropriate financial tools and information to facilitate informed decision making. Tracking business performance on all tactical decisions and highlighting issues and areas of concern to influence corrective actions and conducting regular reviews of business performance using benchmarks and KPIs to highlight and suggest improvements to overall effectiveness
- As implants at the business site, effective co-ordination is required between Emirates Financial Planning & Analysis, the business and the other Finance sections for best overall Finance services.
- New initiatives and projects by the businesses necessitate good understanding of the end to end financial processes and to this end timely co-ordination with the Finance sections will be necessary, updating project registers for effective communication between finance units.
- Provide advice to business in the annual planning and budgeting process. The jobholder must influence the decision-makers to ensure that appropriate resources are budgeted for, to meet financial targets.
- Establish appropriate control and feedback mechanisms on income, cost and performance versus budget and last year, to influence the department to take corrective action on all material deviations from the targeted financial results.
- Ensure the financial and tangible assets of the business are utilized optimally by continuous review of processes and systems. Improve and influence the department’s awareness, job knowledge and expertise in the use of financial disciplines and business techniques.
- Obtain the long term business plan view and construct an appropriate financial model using key performance drivers, ensuring business growth and productivity improvement indicators.
- Also recommend to the VP EK FP&A Commercial / DVP EK FP&A and the department head in strategic initiatives having a significant financial impact over a period of time greater than 3 years.
- Establish and agree with department heads (SVPs/VPs), the relevant KPIs for the business over a rolling 3-year period. Monitor the KPIs and influence decision-makers to continually improve KPIs at a departmental level.
- The job holder is required to maintain contacts with external auditors, legal consultants, suppliers, customers, IATA forums and senior managers in the industry to benchmark the Emirates Group with similar organizations.
- Strong financial and data modelling skills.
- Qualified accountant/finance professional, preferably with management accounting/financial planning & analysis background.
- Expert in advanced Excel functionality and data visualization.
- Competent in PowerPoint presentation design and communication.
- Specific experience in reporting process automation via Excel or database products.
- 2 years experience using business intelligence platforms (Microstrategy, PowerBI, etc).
- Experience in a similar capacity at a multinational company preferably in aviation.
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Finance & Insurance, Financial Planning & Analysis (5+ years)
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A