Leading the IT Tech Academy, this role is accountable to drive a culture of continuous learning within the IT organisation to ensure internal employee skills are developed in line with departmental requirements. Technical Knowledge is an essential asset of the IT organisation, the increasing complexity and fast-moving trends within the IT industry requires full dedication to ensure the capabilities of staff grow in line with these developments.
And this role owns the overall IT skills framework and ensures this is implemented and executed consistently within all departments in IT to ensure the continuous development of 2000+ of our permanent staff allowing them to progress their career in line with their personal development.
- Coordinate and organize external speaker events to present use-cases and new trends. On a regular basis organize CodeFests and Hackothons with maximum participation
- When required develop technical training content and deliver this to participants from within the Emirates Group IT community.
- Maintain a curriculum of all learning events that provides employees to the latest trends and technologies in IT facilitating their continuous education.
- Work closely with Emirates Learning & Talent and ensure the IT training curriculum is fully aligned with their offering.
- Facilitate knowledge sharing within IT offering colleagues a platform where they can educate on topics of their expertise with others.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive IT Technical Skills framework that covers all skills requirements and progression for all roles within IT. Ensure the model is adopted by all departments and is used as basis for the development of our staff in IT. Overall responsibility and governance of the IT pay for skill framework to drive skills development and internal capability.
- Continuous leverage the technical know-how from our with IT suppliers to ensure IT staff maximize the learning capabilities on the solutions they provide.
- Develop relationships with Local and International Universities that are mutually beneficial.
- Act as promotor of the culture of continuous learning within IT what is seen as one of the core pillars driving our employee engagement. Emirates IT should be known as the workplace to grown their knowledge in TravelTech.
- Ability to drive implementation of Skills Framework in a large enterprise
- Proven experience of driving a culture of skills development that is linked to reward
- Knowledge of various Skills Management frameworks
- Ability to create a academic network and utilizing that to the benefit of the Emirates Technilogy Academy
- Proven experience to develop training programmes
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills to employees at all levels
Qualification & Experience:
- Degree or Honours (12+3 or equivalent)
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred specialism in education, communication, engineering, training and development, or instructional design)
- 8+ yrs Training Experience including a minimum of which 5 years in a managing role
- 5 years experience with skills management framework management a large technical workforce.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Dubai, UAE
Application Deadline: N/A