Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Assist the department manager in reaching sales and profit goals established for the department, and monitor all established quality assurance standards. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage associates to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company’s core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Recommend deli/bakery/bistro items to customers to ensure they get the products they want and need.
- Adequately prepare, package, label and inventory ingredients in merchandise.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review “sell by” dates and take appropriate action.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify appropriate department or store manager of any items in need of repair.
- Slice deli meats and cheeses to customer’s requests using proper deli equipment.
- Label, stock and inventory department merchandise.
- Properly use kitchen equipment, stove, computerized scale, fryer, steamer, and robot coupe.
- Use all equipment in deli/bakery/bistro such as the refrigerators, freezers, slicers, and ovens according to company guidelines.
- Prepare food to Company standards.
- Report product ordering/shipping discrepancies to the department manager.
- Provide customers with fresh products that they have ordered and the correct portion size (or as close as possible to the amount ordered) to prevent shrink.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Promote trust and respect among associates, with a positive attitude.
- Inform customers of deli/bakery/bistro specials.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold within the department and throughout the store.
- Offer product samples to help customers discover new items or products for which they inquire about.
- Prepare deli/bakery/bistro items per customer requests using proper bakery equipment.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold within the department and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Must be 18 or older
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Effective communication skills
- Knowledge of basic math (counting, addition, subtraction)
- Current food handlers permit once employed
Qualification & Experience:
- Education Level:None
- Required Certifications/Licenses:None
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: Plano, TX, US
Application Deadline: N/A