Website Costco Wholesale Corporation
The QA Analyst will test core business process applications within the Merchandising areas. The QA Analyst is responsible for adhering to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards, overseeing and/or participating in all aspects of project testing, overseeing IS QA test environments, providing technical guidance to less senior QA team members, and ensuring schedule adherence for assigned projects.
- Provides weekly QA project status reports.
- May coordinate onshore and offshore testing.
- Participates in requirements and use case/user story reviews.
- Responsible for UAT support and testing production defect fixes.
- Provides accurate estimates for QA resources and testing schedules.
- Responsible for overseeing or generating all QA-related documentation.
- Executes test cases, defect management, and adherence to test schedule.
- Responsible for creating and gaining project approvals on project test plans.
- Responsible for assisting with automating and executing automated test cases.
- Responsible for helping to mentor and develop other members of the IS QA team.
- Ensures adherence to standardized QA policies, processes, and documentation standards.
- Responsible for creating and/or overseeing the creation and approval of project test cases.
- Attends any meetings as required to execute the project, provide status updates, or demo functionality to stakeholders.
- Responsible for being familiar with source code, version management, and code deployment standards and for utilizing this knowledge to ensure that QA processes and procedures for test environments are followed and that the integrity of the various environments is not compromised.
- Minimum 3 years’ software quality assurance experience.
- Strong knowledge of a typical SDLC, agile, and SQA methodology.
- Excellent testing resource planning and test scheduling skills.
- Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to Communicate and identify the risks associated with the project.
- Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards.
- Minimum 2 years’ hands-on experience using HP, Mercury, IBM, or other industry standard SQA tools.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience testing in one or more of the following environments: Cloud based testing, UI testing,
- Functional testing, n-tier client/server, and RDBMS environments.
Qualification & Experience:
- 3-plus years’ as a test lead preferred.
- Experience testing IBM BPM applications.
- 2 years’ experience leading offshore testing a plus.
- 3 years’ project management experience to include scheduling.
- 2 years’ SQA experience working within an iterative development framework.
- 3 years’ experience with MS SQL Server or DB2 and the ability to write basic SQL queries.
Company: Costco Wholesale Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Quality Assurance
Job Location: Issaquah, US
Application Deadline: N/A