Website Costco Wholesale Corporation
The Manager – Distribution Solutions Quality Assurance & Automation Management, is responsible for leading the team managing quality assurance and automation within the Distribution Solutions vertical. The primary responsibilities of this manager will be managing, leading, and developing a team of Quality Assurance and Automation Analysts; facilitating and maintaining the overall Distribution Solutions Quality Assurance strategy, Manage QA & Automation resource needs within the Distribution portfolio, define and manage QA & Automation roadmap and governing and improving the Quality Assurance and Automation process. All of this will be done in collaboration with other groups within the distribution group and IS areas such as QA & Automation Management COEs. The ideal candidate will have a breadth of Testing and Automation background and governance processes, and tools. As a leader, this person will lead in a way that fosters a culture of engagement, trust, and open door communication, and that models the Costco values and guiding principles.
- Defines and manages the overall Release strategy and plan.
- Leads the overall project budget and vendor management processes.
- Coaches and counsels employees on career development opportunities and options.
- Openly shares best practices and critical information with team members and colleagues.
- Leads the definition and ongoing improvement of project and release management methodologies.
- Partners with vertical leadership to ensure projects and releases are well managed and on track.
- Assists in other areas of the vertical as necessary, including budget and compliance management.
- Facilitates and maintains a vertical Project Portfolio and Roadmap, including partnering with Portfolio Management.
- Guides team members in the ongoing execution of projects and releases, including resolving blocking issues, and risks.
- Leads the project and release governance process, including establishing status communications, dashboards, and metrics.
- Supports a healthy, cooperative team dynamic by fostering a work environment based on collaboration, openness, and trust.
- Encourages and models a culture of continual learning and professional development by providing regular training and professional development opportunities.
- Responds to employee concerns using problem-solving skills, tact, and discretion in accordance with the Costco Employee Agreement and other applicable regulations.
- Sets clear performance expectations and provides thoughtful and timely coaching and feedback to ensure department, business and company procedures and standards are met. Conducts yearly performance reviews.
- Actively encourages employees to contribute to the success and high performance of the team by listening to and incorporating employee ideas and feedback, and a cknowledging positive performance to support employee morale.
- Results oriented, and willing to work as needed to honor commitments.
- Available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays when required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and effectively engage with individuals at all levels.
- Flexible and able to provide effective, positive leadership in a dynamic, aggressive, ever changing environment.
- Demonstrated experience in software delivery methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Demonstrated experience in Project and Release Management.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Proven ability to effectively manage priorities and timelines and achieve commitments.
- Proven team leadership skills, including availability of references from former team members and reports.
- Demonstrated experience in budget and vendor/contract management.
- Proven people management skills, including career development and managing/setting work expectations.
- Available for travel when required (estimate 1 week every 2 months).
- Possesses a strong work ethic, demonstrated attention to detail, and excellent time management skills.
- Proven ability to speak in front of groups and lead and facilitate meetings.
- Responsive, able to effectively work under pressure and lead solutions with a strong sense of urgency.
- 7+ years’ of IT experience in a Management or senior individual performer/leader role.
- Innovative, creative and possesses a passion for excellence, including examples of leadership of change.
- Proven team leadership skills, including references from former team members and reports, and a letter of recommendation from a Manager or Director outlining how the candidate meets the requirements of this position.
Qualification & Experience:
- 5+ years of Quality Assurance and/or Automation experience
- Experience in Distribution/Supply Chain systems, SAP preferred
- Experience with Costco’s SDLC lifecycle and various QA & Automation tools
- Successful internal candidates will have spent one year or more on their current team
Company: Costco Wholesale Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Quality Assurance
Job Location: Issaquah, US
Application Deadline: N/A