Comcast brings together the best in media and technology. We drive innovation to create the worlds best entertainment and online experiences. As a Fortune 50 leader, we set the pace in a variety of innovative and fascinating businesses and create career opportunities across a wide range of locations and disciplines. We are at the forefront of change and move at an amazing pace, thanks to our remarkable people, who bring cutting-edge products and services to life for millions of customers every day. If you share in our passion for teamwork, our vision to revolutionize industries and our goal to lead the future in media and technology, we want you to fast-forward your career at Comcast.
- Develop and deploy formal change management communication strategy, periodic quality operations review with key stakeholders, etc.
- Evaluates all major system modifications and development requests to determine potential benefits and impact on business and information system operations.
- Understands the needs of non-technical internal application users and maintains strong support relationships with managers, leads and end-user community in all business areas.
- Creates actionable insight and understanding, through the analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data, building recommendations that directly address business objectives.
- Plans, develops, and implements data engineering and analytics solutions and technologies and ensures that sound methodologies are employed. Provides the Company with solid, effective, and efficient systems that are supportable.
- Continually “think critically” about the larger picture, being in constant pursuit of additional tools and technologies to improve quality measurement capabilities in an ever-changing business and technical environment
- Develops business requirements, assesses current reporting capabilities, and makes recommendations for improvement.
- Act as the primary real-time liaison between end-user business consumers (technical analysts, business stewards, etc.) and the internal Data
- Operations, driving investigative practices/analyses, associated upstream/downstream testing, as well as official deployment (signoff on defect validation, regression testing, etc.) to ensure data asset integrity
- Regular, consistent, and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Identifies possible conflicts with the strategy and recommends cost-effective alternatives.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Conducts full analyses of changes impacting customers and operations and ensures impacts are accurately integrated into forecasts.
- Carries out post-event analyses to validate forecast assumptions and identifies all additional factors associated with changes.
- Define both proactive and reactive processes/control measures attributed to monitoring compliance with acceptable levels of data quality (as represented in established SLAs) inclusive of – but not limited to – timeliness, accuracy, completeness, and consistency
- Foster and drive a quality mindset that reiterates both a continuous learning and a “right (the) first time” mentality that improves operational efficiencies
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Project Management/knowledge of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Exposure to agile development methodology will be helpful, but not required
- Must have excellent communication skills with the ability to drive data quality concepts and solutions to technical developers/programmers in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to convey complex data concerns and opportunities to business stakeholders in terms and verbiage relevant to the business
- Team player able to work effectively with all hierarchical levels of the organization, effectively setting and resetting (when applicable) feasible expectations and delivery timelines, intrinsically influencing others’ ability to understand their required actions to move forward
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5-7 Years
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A