Responsible for acting as an individual contributor in one or more areas of expertise in collaboration with various cross-functional project teams. Exercises advanced engineering skills and methodology. Applies long-term objectives and plans related to the Company’s technical vision to daily activity. Applies innovative solutions for engineering developmental problems that are competitive with industry and company standards. Integrates knowledge of business and functional priorities. Acts as a key contributor in a complex and crucial environment. May lead teams or projects and shares expertise. Provide technical leadership and hand-on engineering skills within the CXT Security & Compliance team and Corporate IT Team, responsible for implementing and operating virtual desktop technologies and related services to large/global enterprise customers with a focus on cloud infrastructure technologies. Responsible for the architecture, implementation and support of an enterprise Microsoft Azure WVD (VDI) environment. Provide daily support including 1st, 2nd and 3rd level. Implement robust monitoring of the VDI environment using system monitoring tools. Proactively monitor the environment for capacity, stress, risk and workload and take necessary remediation steps. Manage Business Continuance in relation to Disaster Recovery and Architecture Resiliency.
- Azure Solution Architect Expert or similar certifications
- Previous work experience with enterprise deployment of VDI, Azure Windows Virtual Desktop, Citrix, VMWare, Remote Desktop Services, Nerdio, Application Virtualization technologies **required** + Significant experience in Cloud Infrastructure with Microsoft Azure Enterprise Cloud Services.
- Strong knowledge of Citrix, VMWare Horizon Cloud, Azure WVD
- Networking know-how
- Strives to achieve Company business objectives and engineering objectives in daily activity.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Possesses the ability to rapidly grasp new technologies and abstractions and apply them in a meaningful way.
- Recommends new resources to management and utilizes resources to solve complex development problems.
- Microsoft Security – Azure ATP, DLP, AIP, Windows Defender ATP
- Uses advanced engineering skills and knowledge to solve complex development problems and achieve engineering goals.
- Good understanding of Firewall rule implementation & troubleshooting.
- Sets the tone and pace for work performance within project groups and impressionable Engineering staff.
- Communicates results of applied work processes and practical application of technical standards into actionable insight.
- Regular, consistent and punctual attendance. Must be able to work nights and weekends, variable schedule(s) and overtime as necessary.
- Mentors team members.
- Engage in Azure design and engineering work (including designing and deploying complicated solutions) for business stakeholders
- Up-to-date knowledge of Microsoft products
- PowerShell and other scripting languages
- ARM templating knowhow
- Capable of being an Azure platform expert in the “core” infrastructure areas (VM, Storage, Network, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of performance management, capacity planning, and resilient architecture.
- MSIX Application Packaging hands-on expertise
- DevOps “toolkit” and attitude
- Strong knowledge of Azure Active Directory
- Developer background
- Database knowledge (SQL Server / Azure SQL DB, MySQL)
- Reports on the progress of all technical projects towards the Company’s engineering goals and strategies. Communicates feedback and analyses into actionable insight.
- Consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Knowledge of Azure platform services
- Knowledge of container services
- Applies system architecture, design and specification within engineering projects and initiatives.
- Own the customer experience – think and act in ways that put our customers first, give them seamless digital options at every touchpoint, and make them promoters of our products and services.
- Understand our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Know your stuff – be enthusiastic learners, users and advocates of our game-changing technology, products and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Win as a team – make big things happen by working together and being open to new ideas.
- Drive results and growth.
- Do what’s right for each other, our customers, investors and our communities.
- Be an active part of the Net Promoter System – a way of working that brings more employee and customer feedback into the company – by joining huddles, making call backs and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our customers.
- Respect and promote inclusion & diversity.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Location: Philadelphia, PA, US
Application Deadline: N/A