Website Citizens Bank
The Senior Relationship Manager is the central contact person for Middle Market clients and is responsible for representing Citizens Bank well in the Community. He/she will be the Relationship quarterback and be responsible for the delivery and maintenance of a wide array of diverse bank products and services through cross-sell partners and acts as a trusted advisor to the client’s executive management team.
- Both delegate and work closely and effectively with the Portfolio Management team to proactively serve the needs of the clients, while expanding the relationships and growing the overall portfolio.
- The RM must be highly experienced in credit matters, able to read, interpret, and understand financial statements and credit issues quickly, and capable of strategic thinking to add value to a diverse set of companies within the portfolio.
- Manage a portfolio of credit and non-credit relationships of varying size and complexity.
- This role revolves around relationship building, idea generation, strategic business discussions, risk management, credit structuring, industry observations, and other matters of elevated importance.
- Incumbent is responsible for active market coverage of prospective clients to achieve new client acquisition goals to generate new and incremental margin and fee-based revenue from both credit and non-credit ancillary product sales, including capital markets products and services offered by the Bank.
- Must be able to identify opportunities that will solved the clients needs and importantly, articulate the Bank’s full capabilities and interact at the CEO/Owner level to conduct strategic level conversations.
- Will require highly developed communication skills and the ability to influence others by persuasively presenting thoughts and ideas to gain commitment and agreement for proposed ideas and solutions.
- Must be able to handle difficult and sensitive client relationships and capable of handling tough negotiations, both to win the deal and to legally document the transaction.
- Must exhibit a history of competency and success in soliciting, selling, developing, servicing, and structuring a wide range of secured and unsecured commercial financings, including complex transactions.
- Should be an Independent thinker and self-starter with strong sales skills and excellent credit skills.
- Possess a minimum of 10+ years of relevant industry experience.
- Capable of actively planning, organizing and managing a deal team, consisting of applicable product partners, to determine value-added approaches to clients and potential clients.
- Highly skilled in financial modeling and able to appropriately structure credit in a modeling environment.
- Must be able to independently assess business risk, taking into consideration capital structures and industry nuances as applicable.
Company: Citizens Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: OTHER
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A