Website Citizens Bank
The Vice President – Public Affairs Market Manager reports to the State Director of Public Affairs and performs detail-oriented work for a variety of department operations and initiatives. The position requires an experienced, creative and energetic public affairs/communications/marketing professional with experience in charitable giving and/or grant making. The individual must be able to manage multiple tasks and deadlines in a fast-paced environment. The chief function is to effectively leverage and execute bank charitable contributions, grant making, volunteerism and overall community outreach activities in the market.
- Liaise with internal business line partners to create and communicate consistent community messaging internally and externally.
- Manage and execute colleague engagement (volunteer) programs on a local level; identify local colleague volunteer opportunities including skills-based opportunities to populate the volunteer portal.
- Execute local charitable contributions activities ensuring proper administration of budgets, adherence to CFG giving guidelines and SOPs and compliance with all policies and procedures of the Citizens Charitable Foundation and Citizens’ giving committees.
- Partner with Sponsorships Team to identify and activate corporate sponsorships in the local market to ensure the greatest public relations value while adhering to all public affairs policies and procedures.
- In partnership with Community Development Market Manager, execute key economic development initiatives with local charitable contributions for CRA credit.
- Work with State Director of Public Affairs to position senior leaders strategically in local business, civic and non-profit communities.
- Increase visibility of bank’s charitable giving activities through media and social media recommendations.
- Execute signature initiatives, including Workforce Development, Financial Empowerment and Hunger Initiatives.
- Exemplary writing, verbal, and problem-solving skills; must be able to effectively anticipate issues and problem solve when issues arise
- Ability to execute against strategy and drive results; demonstrated creative thinking
- Ability to plan, implement and manage all aspects of complex projects to successful completion
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Strategic understanding of the nature of various initiatives and their impact on overall corporate objectives
- Effective time management and organizational skills; solid work ethic
- Experience developing strategic partnerships that drive brand favorability and consideration for the business using metrics and measurement to assess impact
- Minimum 5-7 years of diverse charitable giving, grant making and/or corporate communications/marketing experience
- Ability to effectively manage multiple, changing priorities
- Budget management experience
- Experience in banking/financial services is preferred
Company: Citizens Bank
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: OTHER
Job Location: Boston, MA, US
Application Deadline: N/A