Provides knowledge and expertise in fixed equipment including rotating equipment, engines, pumps, piping, valves and vessels, including inspection, troubleshooting and repair.
- Working with other functional departments such as Reliability, Operations and Engineering on a daily basis.
- Work associated with this position involves working outdoors year-round.
- Utilize laser alignment equipment.
- Occasional shift work and overtime is required. The position can also be called out after normal work hours as needed.
- Working at heights with 100% tie off, in confined spaces, and working under full faced breathing air.
- Ability to adjust to and implement new and changed work processes and procedures.
- Organizing, planning and executing daily work assignments.
- Reading rotating equipment drawings, understanding repair manuals, and documenting repair information.
- Safe execution of routine field and shop repairs on rotating equipment
- Troubleshooting, disassembly, inspection, repair and assembly of pumps, compressors, blowers, gearboxes, and other rotating equipment.
- Operating manual machine shop equipment, including lathe, milling machine, drill press, etc.
- Appling knowledge of machining, shop mathematics, metal properties, layout and machine procedures.
- Following routine duties, safe work practices and demonstrating safe work behaviors.
- Using precision measuring instruments in field and shop environments.
- Performing other incidental work and assisting other crafts in order to complete job.
- Minimum of 5 years Inside/Outside Machinist / Millwright experience.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Valid Driver’s License
- Must possess a Transportation Worker Identification Credential TWIC or be able to obtain one within 6 months of employment.
- Demonstrated familiarity with Industry and corporate standards (API and ASME) and Best-Practices as applicable within a plant environment.
- Experience and knowledge of petrochemical environment operating equipment and safety equipment
- Familiarity with safety requirements (OSHA and EPA).
- Basic computer skills including Microsoft applications.
- Working knowledge of SAP or similar Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Select applicants must pass pre-employment tests and participate in personal interviews.
- Strong personal initiative and ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrated teamwork and interpersonal skills.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Belle Chasse, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A