Chevron is one of the world’s leading integrated energy companies and conducts business worldwide. Detailed information for the countries where Chevron’s work is most extensive is available at www.chevron.com/worldwide. Our success is driven by our people and their commitment to get results the right way-by operating responsibly, executing with excellence, applying innovative technologies, and capturing new opportunities for profitable growth. We are involved in virtually every facet of the energy industry. We explore for, produce and transport crude oil and natural gas; refine, market, and distribute transportation fuels and lubricants; manufacture and sell petrochemical products and generate power. Chevron is headquartered in San Ramon, California. More information about Chevron is available at www.chevron.com.
- Partner with the function to identify and implement process improvements, simplifications, and automation opportunities
- Improve financial fluency and acumen within the organization
- Ensure timely and accurate reporting with strong financial controls
- Drive good decision making through financial analysis and insights
- Provide timely counsel to business partners, including assessing and proactively identifying issues
- Identify and track value drivers and make recommendations for improvement
- Extensive data analytics experience
- Ability to analyze financial information, uncover variance drivers, provide thoughtful and insightful analysis, and recommend or determine a course of action.
- Ability to relate financial results to operational events and applicable business models
- Ability to handle multiple job responsibilities, set priorities, maintain a high level of accomplishment, and implement process improvements.
- Strong commitment to maintaining collaborative and cross-functional working relationships with internal partners and external customers
- Demonstrated experience with accounting software (SAP) and Microsoft Office 365, including intermediate and advanced Excel, PowerApps and Power BI.
- Corporate Finance/Accounting, Public Accounting or Advisory experience
- Practicing knowledge of accounting policies/procedures (including US GAAP, general accounting, revenue recovery, inventory accounting, property accounting, fixed assets, tax accounting and affiliate accounting)
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and apply concepts and controls to business transactions
- Demonstrated aptitude to quickly learn new tools & system functionality
- Ability to listen carefully and to use clear, concise oral and written skills to convey facts, present positions and interpret policies. Ability to effectively interact with colleagues and management, providing clear, logical recommendations in a concise manner to stakeholders
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: Pascagoula, MS, US
Application Deadline: N/A