The Time Administrator position is a member of the Payroll team and works to ensure the timely processing of payroll for large populations of salaried exempt/non-exempt and hourly employees primarily utilizing SAP and Excel. The successful candidate must be someone who is self-motivated and works independently with little work direction, works to produce high quality error-free work, is flexible and quickly adapts to changing priorities, uses independent judgment and decision-making skills, multi tasks, and demonstrates interpersonal skills in a professional demeanor. This position also requires the ability to discreetly and routinely handle confidential information. Business knowledge and/or experience working with or within Chevron systems are highly desirable.
- Time administration for large population of salaried exempt/non-exempt and hourly employees
- Conducts various payroll audits per payroll deadlines to ensure compliance with payroll policies, procedures, and applicable laws
- Primary point of contact for employees and managers questions with regards to time/pay policies and guidelines.
- Provides detailed counsel on routine as well as complex time coding and pay situations.
- Audits time entries/time records prior to four rigid payroll-closing deadlines per month. Uses independent judgments to make necessary corrections to timesheets (within scope of time/pay guidelines) or follows up if needed prior to pay close.
- Acts as liaison between employees, HR and Corporate Payroll regarding payroll matters
- Maintains confidential information
- Runs time approval and pay reports in a timely manner to meet FLSA/SOX requirements
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- 1 year of payroll or finance related experience
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data with the ability to problem solve/troubleshoot.
- Ability to independently establish priorities on a daily basis in support of broader departmental goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated strong collaborative communication and interpersonal skills working effectively with others in a team environment in support of customers.
- Demonstrated ability to complete work assignments with limited direction.
- Strong organization and multitasking skills balancing multiple priorities/ projects at the same time without compromising the quality/accuracy of the work product while meeting deadlines. Demonstrated ability to manage confidential data.
- Demonstrated ability to produce accurate and high-quality work products. Seeks customer input to continually improve products and services. Demonstrates ability to seek out opportunities to assume new job responsibilities.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Management
Job Location: New Orleans, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A