The individual will be responsible for working with generalist relationship managers to deliver Alternatives education to financial advisors and introducing our Alternatives platform and investment solutions. The individual will be responsible for supporting the broader Alternatives sales and engagement strategy within U.S. Wealth Advisory, maintaining key client and prospect relationships to grow our business and assets under management.
- Manage centers of influence client relationships at a senior level within the market to elevate BlackRock’s overall local relationship.
- Clearly and concisely articulate multiple product characteristics and BlackRock Alternatives Platform narrative to sophisticated financial advisors.
- Work with distribution partners in various client segments within US Wealth Advisory to drive new business opportunities.
- Actively supporting the existing relationship managers’ sales efforts with clients and prospects as an alternative’s expert.
- Execute the alternative sales campaign strategy. Serve as central point of contact and key representative from distribution to senior stakeholders and portfolio managers in Alternatives.
- Initiate education and sales activity with financial advisors not currently engaged in discussions with BlackRock.
- Build robust and lasting sales dialogues with Alternatives Power Users at third party intermediaries, bringing a deep subject matter expertise of BlackRock’s investment platform to the sales process, and being accountable for significant asset growth.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience, 5+ years’ experience wholesaling preferred.
- Ability to drive results in an autonomous working environment and in close collaboration with colleagues within and across business units.
- Proven sales background – track record of building strong financial advisor relationships and being viewed as a “trusted advisor”.
- Strong communication skills – ability to clearly and concisely articulate product and platform characteristics to sophisticated investors both in written work and presentations to large and small audiences.
- Capacity to move effectively and efficiently between engaging with financial advisors, relationship managers and product specialists to provide value added perspective and deliverables.
- Passion for the financial markets and alternatives asset class.
- Ability to lead by example – high ethical standards and strong work ethic.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: San Francisco, CA, US
Application Deadline: N/A