The Risk & Quantitative Analysis (RQA) group provides independent oversight of BlackRock’s fiduciary and enterprise risks. RQA’s principal objectives are to advance the firm’s risk management practices and to deliver independent risk expertise and constructive challenge to drive better business and investment outcomes. RQA’s risk managers play a meaningful role in BlackRock’s investment process, using quantitative analysis and a multi-disciplinary skills to tackle real-world problems and provide tangible solutions in the investment management process.
- Partnering with BlackRock Solutions and the Performance Analytics Group to integrate best practices, existing risk tools, and Aladdin data with Alternatives investment processes and data.
- Performing ad-hoc reporting and analyses to help address real-time demands of senior members of the team.
- Data mine and apply statistical techniques to analyze portfolio risk taking and discover investment insights.
- Supporting the creation, production and delivery of supervisory, managerial, and regulatory reports pertaining to risk management and performance attribution.
- Develop dashboards to help senior risk managers ensure that the risks are fully understood by Portfolio Management and are consistent with our client’s objectives and risk constraints.
- Liaise with other BlackRock technology groups to understand existing tools and best practices for data management and analysis.
- Working with senior risk managers to understand existing data sources, types, and storage mechanisms.
- Developing systems for uploading, managing, integrating, and storing data pertaining to Alternative investments to calculate concentrations, perform stress tests, and track investment performance.
- Demonstrate an interest in financial markets and be inquisitive about the application of analytical techniques to understand and improve them.
- Investment risk management or financial services industry experience preferred.
- Have significant experience working with SQL, Python, Matlab, or R (Python experience preferred). Experience utilizing Snowflake, Tableau, Power BI, or other visualization software preferred.
- Display strong written/oral communication and outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical skills, attention to detail, a strong work ethic, and ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
- An undergraduate or graduate degree in computer science or a related discipline with a demonstrated ability to collect, organize, and analyze disparate data types. Experience in risk database construction.
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Other
Job Location: New York, NY, US
Application Deadline: N/A