Website Big Lots Stores
Primarily responsible for freight processing and merchandising functions within the store and is accountable for merchandising and storeroom organization standards. Leads, directs, and at times, actively participates in various aspects of the merchandising process, including freight prep, truck unload, stocking, re-lays, financial management, and inventory control. When serving as Manager on Duty, leads and provides direction to store associates performing all cashiering, customer service, recovery, and furniture-related activities on the sales floor. Works collaboratively with store leadership to drive overall store performance.
- Ensures that the appearance of the store’s interior and exterior are maintained to standards, primarily regarding merchandise presentation and signage.
- Assists with store scheduling and payroll processes on a daily and weekly basis.
- Administers appropriate disciplinary action to associates, including recommendations for termination, in partnership with the store leadership and in accordance with company guidelines.
- Leads and supervises the freight team.
- Participates in the interviewing, selection, hiring, and training of associates in collaboration with store leadership. May complete performance evaluations as directed.
- Ensures that price changes and signage are correctly reflected on sales floor.
- Utilizes company tools, reports, and feedback to effectively analyze trends and refine plans.
- Establishes plans to accomplish merchandising initiatives and achieve defined goals.
- Minimum three years retail management experience preferred.
- Availability to work a variable schedule of at least 40 to 45 hours per week, including nights, weekends, and holidays required.
- Strong decision-making and problem resolution skills required.
- Ability to lift, carry, push, and pull a minimum of 50 pounds required. Ability to unload freight, to move product on and off store shelves, to walk, stand, bend, stoop, or kneel for long periods of time, and to move freely throughout store on a continual basis required.
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to travel between stores with some overnight stays required.
- Demonstrated visual merchandising skills required.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience required. Must be 18 years of age.
Company: Big Lots Stores
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Information Technology
Job Location: Raleigh, NC, US
Application Deadline: N/A