Website Barnes & Noble, Inc.
We are looking for a passionate, motivated and experienced Market Business Development Manager to join our growing Business Development team in the Pittsburgh Market. With your B2B expertise and excellent communication skills you will directly contribute to the fastest growing segment at Barnes & Noble. Our commission-eligible MBDMs promote literacy while driving their own careers and success. If you turn sales leads into long lasting customer relationships, join our team!
Why Barnes & Noble? Base salary + Generous Commission Paid Time Off Employee Discount Medical, Dental, Vision , 401k and more. As a commission-eligible Market Business Development Manager, you achieve sales goals and increase account sales through proactive outreach to corporations, institutions, schools, nonprofit agencies and literary organizations within your market. In this B2B position, you spend the majority of your time outside our stores as a representative of Barnes & Noble, cultivating existing business, generating new sales opportunities, and helping to make us a valuable resource in the communities we serve. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
- Research the communities within a market to identify localized business opportunities, and create and implement programs to expand the Company’s sales potential, in partnership with local store managers
- Generate and qualify sales leads from multiple sources within the market and prepare sales action plans and strategies to achieve results in multiple retail locations
- Cultivate meaningful, business productive relationships with all store managers within the market and develop strategies for business development growth
- Increase account sales through proactive outreach within dedicated market to prospective institutional and corporate customers using the sales process to effectively identify, initiate the appropriate contacts and make sales presentations
- Secure initial and ongoing meetings and conduct strategic and effective sales presentations with representatives at corporations, institutions, schools, nonprofit agencies a literary organization to cultivate existing accounts and to generate new business
- Inform store management for the market, in a timely manner, of all sales and associated contracts to ensure their proper execution
- Utilize our account management tool to efficiently manage the sales process and customer database
- Ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships, as well as follow up on sales activity
- Attend store weekly meetings with district manager to educate store teams about business development services, share technical knowledge, and recommend ways to generate business development opportunities
- Achieve annual sales goals outlined by the Business Development department and consistently grow our customer base to meet the Company’s financial objectives within your market
- Experience with CRM software
- Proven B2B sales experience
- Spend approximately 80% of time outside of stores traveling within assigned market in sales-driving activities which include conducting outreach and client meetings, making sales presentations, and performing sales research, maintaining strong customer relationships
- Ability to establish trust, build credibility and understand customer objectives • Exceptional level of motivation, self-starter, customer driven focus, time management and project management skills
- Ability to build and maintain a sales pipeline • Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent prospector with the ability to create effective outreach strategies that result in new partnerships
Qualification & Experience:
- A minimum of 2 years of outbound sales experience, preferably within the retail industry
- College degree preferred
Company: Barnes & Noble, Inc.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Sales
Job Location: Pittsburgh, PA, USA
Application Deadline: N/A