As a Strategic Domain Lead, you’ll act as a lead in Category Technology Management, Strategic Sourcing, and Supplier Management, developing strategic, technical category plans and owning the execution with client Business Unit leads as well as suppliers. You’ll incorporate current technology innovation, AT&T Domain Strategy, and next generation innovation in support of AT&Ts shift toward Cloud environments, SaaS, PaaS, Open Source Software, co-development, continued dis-aggregation, standardization, and a full vendor strategy including alternative pricing models and purchases leveraging cloud service provider Marketplaces.
- Partners with Senior Sourcing Managers to guide contract terms, technical requirements, and pricing. Builds intricate clean sheets and conducts market pricing analyses.
- Establishes and fosters rapport with strategic partners and suppliers. Monitors domain suppliers, with a principal objective of achieving the lowest total cost of ownership that meets the business goals supported by a culture of continuous improvement with cost & performance benchmarks in use.
- Leads large/complex sourcing engagements which may involve a cross-functional team while utilizing competitive sourcing events and a fact-based approach to negotiations. Prepares point by point for the negotiation, frames the discussion, and presents counters offers to Suppliers executives.
- Evaluates current and potential suppliers in coordination with internal stakeholders. Rationalizes the supply base for each category to reduce complexity, aggregate buying power, and maintain healthy supplier ecosystem.
- Influences suppliers’ manufacturing processes, technology decisions, and policies in ways that are mutually beneficial and sustainable for both organizations.
- Analyzes industry / supplier trends and evolving technology capabilities. Develops long-term strategies for specific domain(s) and post sourcing contract management tools for governance.
- Develops, communicates, and implements proactive exit and technology transition strategies.
- Education: Preferred Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Engineering, Computer Science, or Supply Chain
- Typically requires 7 years of relevant experience
- Technological category knowledge, sourcing, and vendor management experience in the applicable domain.
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Crew
Job Location: Lafayette, LA, US
Application Deadline: N/A