Website Albertsons Companies
Albertsons Companies is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
- Day to day operational accountability for Safeway’s LTL, truckload and intermodal programs, which include both dry and perishable commodities.
- Strong working knowledge of the produce industry.
- Analyze the transportation cost per lane and commodity.
- Responsible for negotiating rates and resolving service issues with carriers.
- Work as a team player with internal staff and external customers to accomplish least cost/on-time delivery service.
- Communicate with buyers, vendors, and warehouse personnel on order changes and problems.
- Working knowledge of freight claim liability and resolution.
- Working knowledge of DOT rules and regulations.
- Tender shipments to carriers.
- Actively engage in business unit tactical plan initiatives such as carrier optimization strategy, preferred methods, net landed cost, and decision support tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Transportation, Logistics, or Business related field preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
- 2+ years transportation purchasing experience.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically.
- Knowledge of both dry and perishable commodities.
- Able to query and analyze business data needs for initiatives and provide operational recommendations.
- Excellent analytical, negotiating, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven customer service skills.
Company: Albertsons Companies
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Distribution
Job Location: Phoenix, AZ, US
Application Deadline: N/A