Website Advance Auto Parts
The Senior EHS Engineer conducts execution of proactive safety programs for Advance Auto Parts operations in distribution centers based in North America which conform to Company proactive safety philosophies, goals, & ensures regulatory compliance (US & Canadian federal, state, provinces); designs and leads the implementation of safety strategies which engage all associates to prevent, reduce, and/or avoid losses that impact Team Members , drivers, customers, third parties, and business continuity.
- Develop site specific loss control strategies to prevent and reduce hazards and losses for all business units.
- Identify common safety/health hazards and establish guidelines for protection from those hazards.
- Develop, implement, manage, and measure various internal safety programs/activities and compliance activities related to, but not including the OSHA, DOT, & other governmental safety regulations & programs.
- Implement, manage, and measure various internal environmental programs and compliance activities related to EPA, DOT, DHS, and other governmental environmental regulations & programs.
- Design, implement, and coordinate regulatory compliance activities, safety meetings, training programs, and any additional information or materials required for such.
- Develop and manage internal partner relationships relating to safety and risk programs; for example: supply chain, legal, transportation, asset protection, risk management; other EHS Leaders.
- Support Emergency Action Plans (EAP) and Business Continuity Plans (BCP) for locations. Participate in hurricane preparedness storm tracking and conference calls as needed (depending on geography of role).
- An extensive knowledge of federal, state, province, and OSHA regulations and procedures on a multi-state basis. Knowledge of loss control strategies related worker’s compensation regulations, general liability, auto, property, crime and third party administrators and their operations is essential.
- Documented history of managing a multi-state safety program that achieved measurable results. Retail, fleet, and distribution experience is highly preferred.
- Excellent communication skills required, in order to appropriately communicate with individuals of differing knowledge levels (e.g., store associates, management, doctors, attorneys, etc.) Ability to multi task, prioritize and organize work to meet deadlines and multiple requests desired.
- Strong analytical skills needed to analyze and interpret data trends.
- Managerial or supervisory experience along with strong organizational skills.
Qualification & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Safety or Occupational Health, other safety related programs
- Minimum of three years of related professional experience
- Experience with OSHA VPP is a plus
Company: Advance Auto Parts
Vacancy Type: Full-time
Job Functions: Others
Job Location: Atlanta, GA, US
Application Deadline: N/A