Website Ace Hardware Corporation
The Product & Category Analytics Developer will be responsible for developing and executing research, analytic, and segmentation projects for the Merchandising and Merchandising Operations teams. The position would require the developer to be the data lead for all projects and reporting. Additionally, the position is responsible for the interpreting results and developing strategic recommendations from the research and analysis of data to further maximize the existing product mix through the creation of basic reports.
- Work cross-functionally with Merchandising Operations, Merchandising, and Marketing when needed and lead project innovation and reporting.
- Keep current with merchandising category and retail trends through communication with Merchandising department managers and merchant teams.
- Support ad hoc incoming analytic requests and other assigned tasks and projects for the Business Intelligence and Merchandising Operations teams.
- Lead and develop changes to current reporting methods and develop new process/ procedures to create time saving process and increase productivity for end users.
- Prioritize and develop new analytical reports for use in special projects designated by the Merchandising Operations and Merchandising teams. Lead all analytical training required for user or Analytics team to use, understand, and execute finished reports.
- Research and analyze trends in product data using existing reports and data analysis. Utilize knowledge and experience to develop interpretations on the data and work with Merchandising and Merchandising Operations teams on creating implementation practices.
- 3-5 years’ experience in merchandising / inventory / product management
- 4-7 years’ experience in business analytics / consumer research. Retail merchandising is a plus
- Ability to collaborate and lead effective partner relationships
- Ability to travel up to 10%
- Analytical, quantitative and critical thinking skills
- BS/BA in quantitative business, math, statistics, business or related field
- Excellent written / verbal communication skills
- Experience with data modeling/forecasting/statistical analysis preferred
- Familiarity with insights and analytic tools and techniques (Alteryx, SAS, Domo)
- Familiarity with various data sources (SAP, Teradata, ADW)
- Fundamental understanding of key financial / retail metrics
- Proficient with MS Excel, Access; experience with data mining and query tools (SQL), BI reporting tools
- (Power BI, Tableau) or CRM tools
- Self-starter, strong drive, highly motivated to make change and bring about fact driven decisions
Company: Ace Hardware Corporation
Vacancy Type: Full Time
Job Functions: Developer
Job Location: Oak Brook, IL, USA
Application Deadline: N/A